[TR] If you have Weber DCOEs on your 4 cyl TR, what exhaust manifold do you use?

Darrell Walker darrellw at ipns.com
Mon Oct 15 21:07:36 MDT 2007

Hi,

I'm in the process of installing Weber DCOEs on my TR4A.  I purchase
the carbs and manifolds from Pierce, the manifold are the TWM
manifolds (two pieces).  Currently my car has the 4-2-1 header, same
as Moss is still selling.  The front manifold hits the tube from the
first cylinder.  Looking at the header, it could be that the tube is
welded a bit too high on the plate.  I also tried with my stock cast
manifold, and it has a similar issue, but with the center two cylinders.

  My current header is ceramic coated, so anything I try will wreck
that.  It may be that the plate could be cut off and re-welded in a
better position.  So I'm thinking I will buy a new header anyway, but
I'd hoping to increase my odds of not needing to do major rework to
the header.   The current options I've found are:

Moss - $280 for another mild steel manifold (same as I have, but
maybe a better fit?)
TSI - $150, hoping to hear back from Ted on the layout
BFE - $550 for a stainless steel, 4-1 manifold.  Ken hasn't heard of
any fit issues, but it is a special order item (though we will take
it back if it doesn't work out for me)

I would probably ceramic coat it even if I get stainless.

So, if you have DCOEs, what header/manifold do you use?

Thanks,
Darrell

--
Darrell Walker