[TR] Upper A Arms and used parts

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Mon Oct 15 13:58:05 MDT 2007

Uncle Jack is the one who has done upper A Armsconversions to Heim Joints,
but seems like over kill for the street.

Used Parts....I hate to say it, but I frequently prefer good used parts over
Aftermarket Parts. Time after time I have experienced poor material, lack of
heat treating, ad nauseum.

It becomes painfully apparent at sustained speeds...and quite ugly during
teardown.

Joe A

"FWIW, my upper arms have been reinforced by "boxing" or welding a plate
across the open underside.  Not sure how effective it is, but they've been
on there for a whole lot of hard miles and no signs of cracks.

Someone, don't remember who, used to offer re-engineered upper arms with
heim joints and adjustments for camber & caster.  You might call Ted S. or
Ken G. (why do gurus always have unwieldy last names ?) and see if they know
anything about them.

Randall"
   </HTML>