[TR] possible rotisserizing cracks?

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Mon Oct 15 07:34:38 MDT 2007

List,
I rotisserized the tub seperately from rotisserizing the chassis.  I did so
without the tie member in place.  Should I now look anywhere on the tub for
possible cracks resulting from having done this?
Many Thanks,
Paul

In a message dated 10/14/2007 10:29:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
dorpaul at negia.net writes:
> However, when rotisserizing the tub, I don't think I installed the tie
> member
> (over the radiator).  Is this necesary... essential?  If it should have
> been
> done, then where should I possibly inspect to see if stress has caused
> any...well uh,...'stress'.?

Probably not an issue.  I am assuming, of course, that when you rotisserized
the tub there was no weight on the suspension.  When sitting on the wheels
the
weight of the car can cause the shock towers to move and the bar will anchor
the two towers together canceling out the tendency to bend in towards each
other.  On the rotisserie the weight is carried at the rotisserie mounts,
not the
suspension so it is likely that the towers did not move.

Dave