[TR] tr6 rear brakes

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 15 00:32:23 MDT 2007

> i have a rear brake from a parts car, and have removed the
> small outer clip, and the next larger clip.
> problem: the innermost clip hits against the hand brake
> lever, thus preventing me from getting it off. any suggestions?????

You have to remove the handbrake lever next.  Only one of the clips comes
out first, then the cylinder should be loose enough to pull it away from the
backing plate enough to slip the lever out.  That leaves clearance to remove
the last 2 clips.  As the TR3 manual puts it :

(iii) By using a screwdriver, prise the
retaining plate and spring plate
apart, then tap the retaining plate
from beneath the neck of the