[TR] control head Q

Kinderlehrer Kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Sun Oct 14 17:23:35 MDT 2007

There is another possibility; the fitting that the nut tightens onto at the
bottom of the steering box may have come loose from it's moorings. It's been
awhile, but if I remember correctly, it is welded to the inside of the end
plate of the steering box and if those welds come loose, no amount of
tightening the olive nut will secure it from turning with the steering
wheel. I had this problem with mine, I took the endplate off and used some
jb weld on it. It's been holding for over 5 years. Just be careful of the
shims and bearings if you take that plate off.
Bob