[TR] Electrical wire Q

John Gillis jgillis at tcd.ie
Sun Oct 14 05:05:36 MDT 2007

Morning all,
here is a nice nurdy one; I ma wiring the central gauge panel in the
dash of my TR2,  the wiring diagram shows the brown/blue (36) coming
from the A1 terminal on the control box to the A terminal on the
lighting switch, in my loom this is quite a heavy cable (having only
just connected it I do not want to disconnect to count the strands),
i.e not like lighting circuit, but more like those coming off the Amp
meter. There is a short link cable from the same A terminal on the
lighting switch going to the ignition switch, this is also brown/
blue, my question is does this cable need to be the same thickness,
rating as the one from the control box?.
P.S If I had realised how tight it all is behind the dash I might
have opted for no heater
Regards
John
1954 TR2