[TR] nuts, bolts and lock washers

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 06:07:05 MDT 2007

If I may jump in here.  Does a grade 2 lockwasher present less "lock"  than a
grade 5, which presents less than a grade 8?  The answer seems  obvious, and
I have been inclined to use grade 5 and 8 where I can.   Also, which is better
to use in appropriate applications, a lockwasher or a  nyloc?  Is it wise to
use a nyloc in place of a castellated nut with split  pin? The nylocs I have
available are only grade 2, so that answer may be  obvious as well.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO