[TR] squeak reduction?

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Thu Oct 11 21:30:19 MDT 2007

In a message dated 10/11/2007 8:17:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dorpaul at negia.net writes:

List,
Would anyone think I'm crazy for putting a little grease  between the fender
and apron, scuttle, rear apron and trunk?  Of  course, the objective would be
to surpress creaks while further reducing  rust.

Paul Dorsey
60 Tr3   ("A little dab will do  you")

Paul, it isn't crazy, but is, er, counter productive I  think for this
reason:
The fasteners clamp the parts together. The clamping force multiplied by  the
coefficient of friction is what keeps them from moving.You reduce
coefficient of friction with grease.
If they are squeaking, they are not tight enough.

Good Luck! Mike Moore