[TR] TR4A Valve Timing

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Oct 8 10:02:14 MDT 2007

> 12:1 in our engines requires higher octane gas than is
> available at the pump. Sorry you are having to go through all this.

FWIW, I had good luck with octane improvers containing MMT when I was
running a high compression head.  Seemed like there was some sort of
residual effect, the tendency to knock seemed to continue to go down over
several tanks of gas and I was ultimately able to reduce the dosage
somewhat.

Watch out for plug fouling, though.  MMT leaves a fluffy looking pink
deposit.

YMMV and all that.
Randall