[TR] TR4A missing, solved for now

Chris Buckley chris.buckley51 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 22:25:41 MDT 2007

Hi Listers,
  Thanks for the advice.
  A friend suggested swapping the jet assemblies between carbs. I did this and the problem moved to the back of the engine. I then put them back and the problem moved back to the front. I then replaced the front jet with an old one I have and voila!
  On close inspection of the removed jet it can be seen to be slightly worn on 1 side of the hole (slightly out of round). I guess this means that the needle will also be damaged.
  Does anyone have the email of Joe Cuerto as I may need some more.
  Thanks again for all the help. I will work on the checklist.
  Regards,
  Chris

Michael Godley <mgodley at tiac.net> wrote:
  I had a similar problem with a rebuild kit for the Stromberg 175-CDs on my
65 TR4A. A jet was hanging up on an internal spring that was part of the
lower jet assembly. I installed the old jets and everything was OK....but
it took months to find it , and was just luck that I finally stumbled upon
the solution.....never thought that the new parts would be so out of spec.

So if the car will fire on all cylinders at slightly higher rpm's on one
carb you might consider a complete disassemble of the other carb

You may have a carb problem. I had a really strange one that took a

chris.buckley51 at yahoo.co.uk

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs mailing list
Triumphs at autox.team.net