[TR] TR3A Front Suspension Rebuild question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Oct 6 21:45:33 MDT 2007

> I'm using
> the Moss spring compressor, and I do have pressure when I
> tighten it, but
> maybe I'm supposed to really crank it and raise the wishbone
> up higher so I
> can get a wrench under there?  What's the trick?  How tight
> does that spring
> compressor have to be?

Yup, that's the idea.  I had to tighten the compressor enough to pull the
arms roughly level to have enough clearance to first turn the nuts and then
remove them from the studs.  If you look at the factory/Bentley service
manual, I think there is a photo in there showing the spring compressed and
the arms up pretty high.

Randall