[TR] TR3A Front Suspension Rebuild question

Steve Ball banjonut at verizon.net
Sat Oct 6 18:53:03 MDT 2007

I need some advice.  I started rebuilding my TR3A right front suspension, and
I'm having trouble with the disassembly.  I'm hung-up removing the 6
castellated nuts, located under the spring pan (the ones that attach the pan
to the lower wishbone).  I managed to loosen the two outside and two middle
nuts (although the middle one that holds the big rubber bumper spins around).
But the big question is this: There isn't enough room under there to get a
wrench on the two inside nuts (the ones closest to the chassis).  I'm using
the Moss spring compressor, and I do have pressure when I tighten it, but
maybe I'm supposed to really crank it and raise the wishbone up higher so I
can get a wrench under there?  What's the trick?  How tight does that spring
compressor have to be?  The instruction sheet doesn't say anything about
having to crank it way up.

Please copy replies to my home email since I get the digest...thanks.

Thanks,

Steve Ball
Lompoc Ca
TS68164L