[TR] steering pins, TR2-3

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Oct 5 19:46:34 MDT 2007

> I haven't called TRF to inquire, but would these be the
> silent bloc that Randall has mentioned a few times as having
> drilled into in order to install a zerk?

Nope, not the same ones.  I got mine from BFE, and they are SS running in
solid brass.  The ones from Joe are different, either Delrin or Nylatron
instead of brass.  Probably Delrin, but if he told me which one he chose,
I've forgotten it.  Joe's are significantly cheaper (and I'll be using them
on my new project).

Just to be clear, the ones mentioned by TRF are a brand new development,
just now being offered for the first time.  They were literally not
available when I did my last steering rebuild.

>  I'd be interested
> if I can grease it and it means reducing the steering effort.

Joe (I think it was) said that Delrin is not supposed to be greased ... but
I don't know why not.  But the replacements should reduce steering effort,
as Delrin is very slippery even without the grease.   With the original
Silentblocs, you have to supply the force to twist and distort that ring of
rubber when you turn the wheel.

Randall