[TR] steering pins, TR2-3

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Oct 5 17:05:19 MDT 2007

I haven't called TRF to inquire, but would these be the silent bloc that Randall has mentioned a few times as having drilled into in order to install a zerk?  I'd be interested if I can grease it and it means reducing the steering effort.
TRF is offering these, and I quote:
For TR2, TR3 owners, I am offering a second Weekend Feature.  I am
featuring new steering pin kits made for us by Joe Alexander at A.R.E.
The new steering pins eliminate the rubber from the bush and pin
assembly.  This will extend steering pin life indefinitely, and it will
probably reduce steering effort at low speeds.  List Price on steering
pin kits will be $69.95.  This weekend, you can purchase a kit for just
$44.95.  I will also take these to Triumphest.  If you attend, you can
take a look before you purchase.  Again, you can find this Weekend
Feature by using the link on our home page.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire