[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 1, Issue 232

Art McEwen amcewen2 at cogeco.ca
Tue Oct 2 20:44:12 MDT 2007

Right but without flow between the water pump and the heater core the
water in the heater core will remain at room temperature except for
radiant heat, which would be slow.  And as it warms reasonably in time
with my gauge moving it must be flowing and therefore the thermostat is
at least partially open.  If it was stuck fully open it's supposed to
block the heater hose plumbing so the heater core wouldn't be as
effective, but a stuck open thermostat wouldn't contribute to overheating.

As I say I'll replace the thermostat anyway but I think it's likely fine.

I think it's likely the new, less efficient, grill combined with a
fairly dense rad core (re-cored locally) and a few miss-bent fan
blades.  That and local weather/traffic well in excess of the british
designers original criteria ;)