[TR] 59 TR3A caliper shims

ray at raysmg.com ray at raysmg.com
Tue Oct 2 15:09:24 MDT 2007

   Andy  wrote: "Does anyone have any caliper shims lying about that they
   would  like  to sell? Alternately, has anyone found anything that will
   work as a substitute?"

   I  rebuilt the front suspension on my TR3 last winter and needed shims
   on  both  calipers.  I  wound  up  at  the  local auto parts store for
   something  else  and  found  "body shims" in the "Help!" parts section
   (the  peg  board  area with all the little generic bits asked for most
   often). Each package contains several different horseshoe shaped shims
   with  a little "handle" on the curved side for gripping with a pair of
   pliers.

   Worked great.

   Ray
   Ray McCaleb