[TR] Changing oil to full synthetic

Nolan foxtrapper at aceweb.com
Tue Oct 2 11:47:31 MDT 2007

Well, it's almost always been my experiences with synthetics that they leak
more.  A damp spot becomes wet, and a slow drip becomes an active leak.
Others insist that isn't true, but it's certainly what I've observed with
synthetics.

The concern over flat lifters vs roller lifters was originally a break in
issue.  It has since morphed to a hysteria that all flat tappets will
promptly self destruct with new oil.  As that hasn't happened, and many new
engines are still flat tappet design, I rather suspect the story has become
quite overblown.