[TR] TR3A overheating

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 05:30:34 MST 2007

Maybe I have too much time on my hands.  I could not help but notice  the
temp gauge on my 60 3A is broken up into 4 equal increments.  The first  mark
says 90; the middle says 185 and the top says 230.  Let's see, 90 to  185 is 95
degrees and 186 to 230 is 44 degrees.  Each of the calibrated  marks is
subdivided equally by a non calibrated mark.
So I am driving along at 185 degrees.  I stop at a long traffic light  and
the temp goes to the next higher uncalibrated mark.  (hypothetical, of  course)
Is that 207 degrees?
Yes, I know the answer is to get one of those laser pointer jobs and find
out, but in the absence of such a tool is this gauge really calibrated with
smaller increments before 185 than after? Or is anything before 185 just  filling
up space on the gauge face and doesn't mean anything?  It is a  pretty simple
piece of equipment.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO