[TR] Imports at Carlisle Autox 2008

Nolan foxtrapper at aceweb.com
Tue Nov 27 03:40:11 MST 2007

I've run it off an on for years now.

It's not an autocross, it's a mini-road course.  Three laps per heat, three
heats.  The race itself is most interesting as a spectator just observing
what runs around the course, and how they do.  An MGTF last year for
example, and a Citroen 2CV a few years ago.

The training/practice sessions on Friday and usually Saturday are a terrific
deal.  You can run so much you need new tires and a refill on gasoline.  You
can get seat time with some of the others in the club sponsoring the event,
and the club has some very hot drivers.

I would not consider it worthwhile alone to do a long trip.  But the show is
a lot of fun, and the racing is good.  As a package the event is worth
coming to, at least in my opinion.