[TR] Hard to find bits for TR3/TR4 to bring back from the UK?

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Nov 26 10:15:56 MST 2007

In a message dated 11/26/2007 7:23:25 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
mikedenman at sbcglobal.net writes:

One  suggestion that you might want to consider... Take a picture of your car

with you for airport security. Since 9-11 airport security gets real  nervous
when you have unidentifiable metal objects in your suitcase. I  brought back
some car parts from the UK a couple of years ago and was  being given a
through questioning until I remembered that I had a picture  of my car in my
wallet. Once I showed airport security the picture of the  car and explained
that I bought the parts in the UK because the parts were  rather scarce in
the US, the attitude of security changed completely. Then  the only concern
was if the parts contained any petroleum products that  might explode. So,
take a picture of your car and make sure the parts you  bring back are clean
of oil and petrol.
Mike  Denman

Ah Yes!

If you should buy a stainless steel muffler set, and check the box it came
in a baggage, you may notice the
box is labelled "Stainless steel silencers".
Now, if you make customs in Chicago, that box will cause you to meet a lot
of very interesting people who you will find have a grate interest in Triumph
exhaust systems.
Mike Moore