[TR] Running with Webers

Darrell Walker darrellw at ipns.com
Fri Nov 23 18:56:12 MST 2007

Well, I got far enough to attempt to start my engine with my new
Webers.  The good news is that is started right up.  The bad news
(hopefully just temporary) is that it idles at 3000 RPM.  I closed
down the idle screws all the way and got it to around 2000 RPM.
After reading about the adjustments again, I found that one of the
air bypasses was open, and the idle mixture screws were opened way
up.  I didn't have a chance to run it after fixing those things.
Hopefully that is the problem, and not an air leak.

Also, my new Denso alternator is working, but my ignition warning
light doesn't operate.  I wired it up according to Dan Master's
instructions at the VTR site (or at least that's what I intended to
do!).  I'll have to debug that as well.

Still have my new electric fuel pump to install, Mallory distributor,
and figure out what I want to do for air cleaners.

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS CTC67956L