[TR] TR4 exhaust bracket - photo

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Wed Nov 21 12:16:01 MST 2007

I got that same bracket and for the same reason... after studying it I
decided to wait until the next time the gearbox was out to install it.  It's
now in but I have no pics.  If it is the same bracket I'm thinking of it has
a nut welded to it that replaces the nut on the righthand bolt holding the
rear mount of the gearbox... the big bolt with a 13/16"(?) head.  I do not
think you can get that thing bolted up w/o removing the tunnel, the dash
support and possibly more, but I could be wrong.

It did help secure the exhaust (a bit) though what helped more I think was
adding a strap mount between the 2 mufflers, there was even a bracket on the
frame in the exact spot I needed one.

I do not know if a TR3 middle exhaust mount would work (don't see why not)
you might find it is easier to retro-fit without removing stuff.

Geo