[TR] [6pack] TR6 timing Chain Tensioner Question

triumph at 2simpleusa.com triumph at 2simpleusa.com
Wed Nov 21 06:45:30 MST 2007

Thanks Dick,

I am sure that Grandma Hoses would have given a more pithy reply!

You are probably right; I was just surprised at how flimsy the unit is compared to those used in small Fords (with a tensioner of about the same length, albeit a single row chain).  There is a reference in one of Kastner's articles regarding the tensioner, plus the Improving your TR5, 250 and 6 book also mentions a means of improving the tensioner ... so I was guessing that someone in the list was familiar with how this might be done!

Tony Gordon
72 TR6