[TR] water at stud??

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 19 16:01:08 MST 2007

> running my TR2 engine again, for about 15mins this time, and
> having a
> good look round. I noticed bubbles of water rising up from
> between the
> nut and the thread of the centre head stud on the manifold side. A
> cause for concern or no?

Possibly, but I wouldn't tear it back down just yet.  It may be you just
managed to leave a few drops in the stud hole, or the gasket may eventually
decide to seal.

IMO, Retorque the head nuts & keep an eye on it.  If it continues to weep,
and you don't have other reasons to take it apart again, a little "stop
leak" might help.  Don't know what's available there, but I like the one
sold here that looks like powdered aluminum (and called "Aluma-Seal").

BTW, I definitely recommend using at least 30% antifreeze, even if there is
no chance of the engine freezing.  Quality anti-freeze also contains
essential anti-corrosion additives, plus a mild stop leak (that might solve
the weeping).

Randall