[TR] Backfiring! Help!

Brian Induni 308gtsi at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 19 09:15:39 MST 2007

I've seen a faulty coil cause similar symptoms. Best diagnosis procedure is
to try one thing at a time - start with a NEW (not one off the "spare parts"
shelf...) coil and recheck the timing. Set the static timing manually - #1 @
TDC and set the disti to fire at that point. If backfiring thru the intake,
then the timing is too far advanced. Don't rely on a strobe! Then check the
plug wires -if there's cross talk, they could be firing at wrong times. My 2
shilings...

Brian
1967 TR4a

Message: 3