[TR] Relative values (safety)

Steven Newell steven at newellboys.com
Mon Nov 19 08:50:14 MST 2007

ZoboHerald at aol.com wrote:

>Do I ever feel less than "safe" in the Herald? Sure...every time some mindless
>idiot multi-tasking in an oversize SUV or pickup fills my rearview  mirror.

Most of us have probably heard something like "don't you worry about
driving that little car on the road with all the SUVs and trucks out
there?" Usually I retort "I know you are, but what am I?" only to come
up with a good answer several hours later.

Here's my best answer so far. I'm going to ask in return "don't you
worry about the damage your large SUV would do to ANYONE you hit in an
accident?" Seems if you're driving a vehicle more likely to kill anyone
you hit, you ought to drive with the greatest care and focus. Now
sometimes it seems most SUV drivers are less skilled, careful or focused
-- except for me in my SUV. But if more drivers thought about their
responsibility instead of their prerogatives, I think the roads would be
a lot safer.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2