[TR] Iridium tip spark plugs

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Nov 18 16:32:44 MST 2007

> Would this be because of
> the gap, or is copper a better material for non high energy
> ignition systems and the iridium just makes them last longer?

John, you didn't say what you're trying to fire them with.  IMO .030" is too
wide for the stock ignition system.

Oddly enough, NGK's web site doesn't mention not to regap them, only to not
change the gap more than .008".  In any case, I think the main danger is
that of damaging the (relatively fragile) center electrode; so careful
bending of the side electrode should be OK.

Randall