[TR] Z/S Carburetor Mixture Adjusting Screw

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Nov 18 13:23:43 MST 2007

In a message dated 11/18/2007 2:18:04 PM Central Standard Time,
moira.secrest at verizon.net writes:
> Slowly piecing together my GT6-3, sitting now for two years.  Engine is
> running but the mixture adjustment screw in one of the dashpots refuses to
> move.  I'm afraid much to force it.  The adjuster in the other carb is
> sticky, but turns.
>
> I'm assuming this is just a little rust in the threads, and I have filled
> the dashpot with PB Blaster to soak the screw.  Does this problem sound
> familiar?

On those really tough ones I've removed the piston from the carb so I can
grab the piston body.  Then I can apply some serious torque to the adjust screw.

Oft times the brass screw on the side will be overly tight and not allow the
needle body to slide.  Then the head on the screw breaks.  That is the time to
call Joe Curto.

Cheers

Dave