[TR] Relative values

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Nov 16 15:25:02 MST 2007

> That's fine if you want an unreliable, uncomfortable,
> poorly-handling and potentially unsafe car with 90-odd horse-power.

I ALWAYS say, "It's your car, it should please you."

So by all means go ahead and modify it just as much as you like, you'll get
no objections from me.  Friend of mine has a TR3 with an American V8 under
the hood, and it was a blast to drive (Thanks, Paul!) ... just not my cup o'
tea.

In fact, my own TR3A had a lengthy list of modifications, which I plan to
copy to the 'new' TR3 along with some Miata seats and other 'improvements'.

But I realize I'm not improving the value of the car by adding non-period
modifications; only my enjoyment of the car (which is what it's all about to
me).

And one of the very first things I did was take off the aftermarket steering
wheel and put back the original wheel & control head instead of the turn
signal switch on the dash ... I'm funny that way.

Randall