[TR] Relative values

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Fri Nov 16 14:22:09 MST 2007

In a message dated 11/16/2007 10:58:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

IMO, a  100 point, concours winning restoration might bring $30K today, but
to get  much more than that it would have to be a "special interest"  car.
Modifications are, at best, "value neutral", unless perhaps you manage  to
find a buyer that wants exactly those changes, or the car is modified  for a
particular vintage racing class,  etc.

Randall

Hi Guys,
For John's TR3 value here in the USA I would confirm what Randall has
stated.  I was following values and sale prices last year rather close for  I had a
buyer interested in a TR3B that I was trying to help.  One TR3B  from Texas
sold for around $32,500 in the spring of 07.  This  car was at one time a
premier Concours Car immaculately restored  as original and meeting the special
interest criteria.  I knew  the car for I lost to it at a TRA National. The only
time I ever lost in a  competition with my TR3B.  It was not close, I was
massacred.  After  the sale I was fortunate to see the car for a guy here in NE
Ohio  purchased it.  It had gone away some from it's Glory days but still was in
very good shape.
Regards,
Darrell