[TR] Electronic Rust Protection?

Mark Hooper mhooper at digiscreen.ca
Thu Nov 15 11:30:48 MST 2007

I see that my Canadian Tire store is now promoting this electronic
anti-rust thing.

http://www.counteractrust.com/

Is this 100% snake oil or does it actually have a chance of working?
They claim it is different from older attempts based on boat technology
which would have required the car to be soaking wet all the time to
work.

I'd sort of like my 2006 DTS to avoid turning into my Swiss cheese
Buick. I'm also wondering about using something like this on the TR6
which sits in the unheated garage all winter.

I'm dubious, but if Canuck tire is pushing it, perhaps there is
something behind the idea. Any experience insight out there?

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6