[TR] TR3A Clutch M/C

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Nov 14 14:28:03 MST 2007

> On a TR3A... is it possible to remove the clutch master
> cylinder with that
> box/bracket in place?

I've definitely done it, but don't recall the details offhand.

> Looks like maybe if the pushrod is pushed fully home.

Or just take it out first.  Slide the boot up the pushrod, then turn the
circlip and remove it with pliers or (as I used to do), pry it out with a
small screwdriver.

> Also -- any special (i.e. easy) way to get at the lower
> mounting bolt on the
> M/C?

I vaguely remember a 1/4" drive socket, U-joint, short extension and
ratchet.

This time around I wanted to clean up the mess under the box, so I just
removed it as an assembly.

Randall