[TR] Silent bloc

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Mon Nov 12 12:22:45 MST 2007

Yes, care must be given to the cut.

I have done it with the single cut and punch method, like Randall.

The diametric double cut method is quite quick, assuming a steady hand.

If in doubt, do it like Randall.

But the best is the Andrew Method with a Press, of course. If I get any
smarter, I will make a tool with a step to press the shell out.  Sometimes you can
find a Craftsman socket of the proper diameter and do it in a vice. I should
have mentioned that, too.

Of course, in 50 years, I have done all of these things the wrong way at
least once. I didnt have list to go to.....cool list. Thanks Mark B!

Joe A

"But be VERY CAREFUL with the hacksaw blade.  Really, it's worth the effort
to find someone with a press who can do it properly.  I just removed the center
tie-rod and pressed out the old silentblocs.  Some clown had used a hacksaw
blade and cut into the rod at its thinnest point.  I ended up throwing it away
and getting another.
Andrew"
   </HTML>