[TR] TR2 start up update

John Gillis jgillis at tcd.ie
Mon Nov 12 08:30:43 MST 2007

Hi all,
Just to update after receiving advice- ordered and fitted my new control box
after cleaning the contacts with some mineral spirit, start engine- charge
straight away-13.6volts at the battery, really pleased.
Spent some time setting up the carbs, mixture and balance, ran the engine for
about 30mins in total, but water pump is still weeping from around the seal,
hoping this may bed in and stop. Is it possible to fit a pump without
removing the rad and nose? Just thinking of when is it safe to replace the
nose.?
Thanks all till the next time
John
1954 TR2

Anorak Q: Why do I have three marks on my dipstick, two close together near
the
end of the stick and one much higher up, over half way?