[TR] SILENT BLOCS AND SUNSHINE

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Mon Nov 12 08:06:12 MST 2007

Good morning!

Being retired in Iowa has it's benefits. November brings some sunshine and 60
degree temps. Leaves are falling, but they are a brilliant color and the
grass is as green as summer. Bracing dry air replaces the Summer Sweatfest.

TS30854L Rides Today....errands are in order.

Silent blocs: I've had a couple folks wonder how you remove those pesky
Silent blocs. My method is likely not the only way, but in the absense of any
sophistcated equipment, my method is:

Torch the Rubber until you can remove the pin.

Remove the balance of the Rubber.

Remove Hacksaw  Blade from the handle and thread it through the ID of the
Silent bloc hole.

Reattach the hacksaw blade to the handle and make two diametric
cuts-carefully.

Shell comes out easily....remove any sharp burrs, and you are ready for
reassembly.

If you are replacing the Silent blocs with the new Delrin/Steel Pivots,
remember the Pin Head is "up" and the Delrin 'protrusion' is 'down'.  use a bit of
assembly lube in the process....maybe white lithium. Delrin has self
lubricating properties, but a little help seems OK.

Joe A   </HTML>