[TR] Fan Hookup

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sun Nov 11 18:05:31 MST 2007

I have owned many cars over the years in which the cooling fan continued to
run after the key was shut off.  Now, someone who knows a lot more  about
thermodynamics (?) may be able to tell me if this is correct or  not. If my 3A is
running (when it was running, anyway) and the temp  was in the normal range,
when I shut off the car the temp would rise before it  would fall.  I assumed
this was because the coolant stopped circulating and  carrying heat away from
the block, and I think that is correct.  That would  seem to me to be a reason
for the electric fan to continue to run after the  motor is shut off even
though it is only cooling the fluid left in the radiator,  and any circulation
that is created by the temperature gradient.   Obviously the water pump is not
running.
Someone who paid attention in class can jump in here.
David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO