[TR] [Spits] spit suspension question

Rarebits bill at rarebits4classics.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 02:20:45 MST 2007

> From: ZoboHerald at aol.com [mailto:ZoboHerald at aol.com]
>
> ==AM==
> Bill, is that heavy-duty Herald spring in any way similar to what most of
> the Works Spitfires used? I seem to recall that the Le Mans cars in
> particular used extremely stiff, dearched rear springs.

Hi Andy,
With out reference to a spec for the Spitfire race spring, I wouldn't want
to presume they are common. Part number for the Courier spring is 305686.
I used to know a guy who claimed to have a works race spring on the back of
his Spitfire Mk3, and he often compared it to the Courier part. He was
however, noted for embellishing the truth, so I am somewhat doubtful that
all was what he claimed......
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics