[TR] Sway Bar....ARGHHHH

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Fri Nov 9 13:05:35 MST 2007

I can't be the only person with a 7/8" front sway bar so......where did you
buy you're end links?

My 7/8" sway bar was installed over 10 years ago by a restoration shop after
I bought the car. In looking through the Big 3 catalogs, the end links and
the mounting bracket to the lower control arm all appear to be for a stock
sway bar. However the threaded end of the end link is too short to fit
through all the bushings. I posted two pictures here
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/SwayBar.htm

When I look at the 7/8" bars that TRF sells, the end links look entirely
different as does the mounting kit. VB sells an ADDCO 7/8" bar but they
don't even show end links as part of the kit!

The only way I got this to fit was to take some sway bar poly bushings and
shave them down a little. And I know this isn't the preferred way of fixing
this!

Next question:

What's the proper order to installing & tightening the sway bar? I have the
front end up on two ramps and the rear end on jack stands so the front
suspension is "loaded". What order do you make the attachments: end link to
mounting bracket, end link to sway bar and sway bar to frame? Or doesn't it
matter?

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U