[TR] Engine noise B-25

emanteno at comcast.net emanteno at comcast.net
Thu Nov 8 17:00:26 MST 2007

From: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2 at verizon.net>

> A few years back some "fly guys" knew about a P58 "Lockheed Lighting" buried
> in the "ICE" in Greenland from WWll, took them a couple of years and many
> millions to remove it from the 80 ft depth of ice and then a complete nuts
> and bolts rebuild, plane is worth untold $$$$ today, the head engineer on
> the project is a TR 4 race driver from Georgia, maybe some list members from
> down that way know more of whom and when, than I do will fill in the spots
> left out "FT"

You are talking about Richard Taylor, a true Southern Gentleman. He drives his TR4 to the track, changes tires, races it all weekend, changes tires, and then drives it home. In the stories that I have read about "Glacier Girl", a P-38 that was recovered from the ice of Greenland, Richard is described as an adventurer. I'm lucky to have met him.
Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
Highland Park, IL

More info at http://p38assn.org/glacier-girl.htm