[TR] How did the trip go?

Kevin Thompson kthompson at whoi.edu
Wed Nov 7 09:44:02 MST 2007

  Hi Jim,
     Well, in fact, we had a blast!!  The itinerary was shifted a bit to
work around the storm. Lot's of great restaurants and shopping
opportunities for my navigator and I on Friday, as it was a wonderful
day for taking a stroll through town. And having the gale force winds
kick in for Saturday made for fantastic ocean viewing. The mansion tour
was also on Saturday, and the meet-n-greet that night. Although we
missed it due to a late lunch, then back to our room for a little
reading and relaxing. We got too relaxed and fell asleep. The clues tour
was Sunday, and was a nice sunny day. I think there were about 35 or 40
folks who showed up. The lodging was great, too.
   So, now for the lbc content......or lack of it. On Thursday I put my
TR3 in the shed, and took out the 6 for packing up in the garage the day
before we left. While doing a quick blast down the street I noticed the
oil pressure was a bit lower than usual. Having new oil and a filter on
the shelf, I drained the old stuff and found  it had about a half quart
of gas in it. So, I pulled the fuel pump off, and only had 2 around the
house-both probably in the same shape as the one I removed. And. I just
didn't have the time to set up an electric pump and the wiring to make
it right.
   The TR3, having just recently been put on the road after a 2 year
restoration, is having clutch problems. Well, actually, the clutch
master cylinder. It was bought new a year and a half ago, installed 6
months ago, and has about 30 miles on it over the last few weeks during
shakedown runs. Sometimes the pedal drops near the floor and sometimes
it's way up, when shifting the gears.(after repeated bleeding produced
no air bubbles) Seems that the seal is leaking by. I just took that off
(man, what a PIA!!!!) and sent it back to TRF for a replacement.
  So Jim........we took my wifes truck for the weekend. (hey, at least
it wasn't a boat like last time you were down here)  Fact is, I didn't
get too depressed since I rather liked the idea of both lbc's in the
garage/shed when a hurricane was predicted......and the thought of
having to do roadside repairs in such conditions didn't appeal to me,
although it does make great fodder "down the road"..........
   Our next club event is the Freezin Fun for Kids Run.......on November
18th.
 take care,
Kevin T
Cape Cod British Car Club
http://www.capecodbritishcarclub.org/

Jim asked:

Hey, Kevin Thompson!  How did the Cape Cod British Car Club's trip to
Newport work out?  Hope you weren't rained out too badly.

(For those of you not on the right coast, this trip coincided with
the arrival on the New England coast of the remnants of what had been
Hurricane Noel.  By that time it was a mere Ittacane, not even a
Himmacane, but it still packed significant winds and rain.)

Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com