[TR] Removing TR6 body from frame

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Nov 6 16:50:36 MST 2007

> Hopefully, this may be the week the frame is going to get straighten.
> Though, I am not holding my breath.
>
> After that I have to take the body off the frame.
>
> Has anyone had any experience taking the body off with the doors left in
> place?
> Or is it best to take the doors off and brace the shell?

I removed the doors and the transmission tunnel on my TR3A, and...ehrm, uhm, harumph...sawed the body in half with a hacksaw.  Considerably lighter in two pieces.  Heartily recommended.

Course then again, your car may have cost you more than the $500 I paid for mine, and may have floors that haven't rusted completely out, and rockers that have more than a half-rotten vein of solid steel left in them.  Something to be said for hitting bottom, eh?  ...Or for cars that no longer have a bottom, so to speak?  ...And by the way, what about people who say,  "That car is solid rust!"  ...How can a car be solid if it's all rust????

Alas, the permutations are interminable!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire