[TR] Removing TR6 body from frame

stantr6 at comcast.net stantr6 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 6 05:42:41 MST 2007

Al, list,
I did same as Brian, except I used a 2x4 to brace the opening.  Same effort - myself and three neighobor kids.  Prior to removing, I made a dolly to set it on, with cheap castors from an old, discarded office chair.  The only real expense was two 12' 2x4s that I positioned on edge to run the length of the tub, and spaced to fit just inside the rocker panels.  I put in cross pieces, atop the two long 2x4s, where the tub attached to the frame, just behind the front apron and under the trunk (boot).  I used scrap pieces to shim up to the tub from the cross pieces.  That way, the tub was supported, and mobile so I could move it around the garage by myself.  It even went to the paint shop for the first phase of painting on the dolly.

The dolly has been passed to another TR club member.

Stan

From: "Brian Induni" <308gtsi at adelphia.net>