[TR] Broken Diff Mounts?

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Nov 5 14:01:47 MST 2007

Well the good news is it's November 5th and I'm still driving around with
the top down. The bad news is a very definite "clicking" sound I'm hearing
on take off in 1st & 2nd gear. It doesn't happen all the time but it happens
enough to be quite obvious. My wife said it sounds as if it's right under
her seat. I was expecting a "clunk" sound, so is the "click" sound a
precursor of things to come? If it is a cracked or broken diff mount, is it
dangerous to drive the car? And if it is broken I place the blame on Rick
Patton because TBI allows me to wind it up to 5K in 1st and 2nd with no
problem! He's got me driving like a stupid high school kid again ;-)

Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection