[TR] TR6 Question

BearTranserv at aol.com BearTranserv at aol.com
Mon Nov 5 09:18:22 MST 2007

What's the easiest way to tell if a TR6 has an overdrive  transmission?

I was at a local pick and pull Saturday and spied a TR6 with a small dent  in
the bumper and a $100 paint job (red spray over the snaps and some of the
rubber).  It had been sitting for some time by the dust that was  collected.
The seats were also trashed, by the sun most likely, but it  looked to have a
relatively new top.

I asked about it and told them I'd like to buy the transmission if it was  an
overdrive.  This will fit my TR4, no??????  There were two stalks  on the
steering column.  A turn signal and a ???...windshield washer or  overdrive?

If I buy the car, is anyone interested in a TR6 with a TR4  transmission?

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in New Mexico

63 TR4

As he stared at her ample  bosom, he daydreamed of the dual Stromberg
carburetors in his vintage  Triumph, highly functional yet pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of  the intake manifold, aching for experienced
hands, the small knurled caps of the  oil dampeners begging to be inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter  seven of the shop manual.
Dan McKay