[TR] Rear spring

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sun Nov 4 14:15:15 MST 2007

I am assuming that the body is on your car.  If this is the case, this  is
not going to be easy.  There are a number of remedies that have been  posted
from raising the body enough to get at the end, to drilling a hole  thorough the
body panel where the small stone guard is so you can drive at the  end of it
with a pin and a BFH.  Method two is going to take lots of PB  Blaster,
repeated heating, and a considerable amount of pounding.  Be  careful of one thing.
If you damage the threads and you cannot get it out,  the story does not have
a happy ending.
If I were you I would make a very careful evaluation of the condition  of the
existing springs.  If there are no broken leaves I would get some  second
opinions on the way to proceed.
Others have been successful in getting out seized pins.  I was lucky,  I had
one that slipped right out.  The other is another story.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO