[TR] Silent blocks?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Nov 3 17:30:51 MST 2007

>		In a message dated 11/3/2007 12:49:40 P.M. Eastern Standard
Time,
> tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

>>		'Silentbloc' is actually a generic term

>	I always thought it was a Triumph (or LBC) term.  Never could figure
out what
> was silent about it, or bloc for that matter.  As a generic term does it
refer to
> the bonded rubber type or can it be fully rotational?

AFAIK, it refers to the bonded rubber construction.  By "generic" I meant
the term applies to many different bushings, it's actually a brand name I
believe.
http://www.empirerubber.com.au/ie/silentbloc.shtml

Also used in the rear springs on a TR2-4, and the rear subframe on a Stag,
plus no doubt other places I didn't think of.

Randall