[TR] (no subject)

Geo & Kathleen Hahn ahwahnee at cybertrails.com
Fri Nov 2 10:11:14 MST 2007

A friend is seriously considering this TR6 (item number 110185473663 in case
the link doesn't work).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1976-Triumph-TR6-Roadster-Beautiful-British-Co
nvertible_W0QQitemZ110185473663QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110185473663

He would be dealing in person with the seller after the auction ends, thus
being able to drive the car, have a competent mechanic examine it, etc.

I mentioned to him the common problem areas I have heard about on 6's (thrust
washers, trailing arms, broken diff mounts) and of course mentioned several
times to check everywhere for rust &/or rust repair.

He has reviewed the various Buying Guides on the VTR site and elsewhere.

Just looking at the listing it appears the color is non-original (though I
have to say it is striking color in the pics) and that the tires seem pretty
skinny for a TR6 (165x15).  It does not have Overdrive which he thinks is okay
but which I think he'll lust for eventually.

Obviously someone has gone to a lot of trouble to detail the car for sale and
all cars can be 95-pointers with digitial photography, but I would appreciate
any comments on the car as presented -- whether red flags or just items that
should be considered or used as bargaining points.

Thanks for any & all help.

Geo