[TR] tr4 restoring, photos

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Mon Jul 30 23:19:49 MDT 2007

Allen,
Thanks a ton. Your photos clearly show that my park-lamp brackets are indeed
1/2" too low for a TR4 grill. Perhaps my two valances, the one I installed in
'78 and the one I'm installing now, are in fact from TR4As. I will
drill/reweld my brackets 1/2 inch UP based on your excellent documentary photos
 and my
park-lamps will then tie in perfectly.
Thanks again - I was stumped!
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

<< Carl,  Here are some photos, I hope they clear things up. You might want to
  hang the fenders just to be sure that the grill is being correctly   position
ed. It looks like your piece is not in the car yet? So, I   would try and put m
ore together first temporarily and check fit.   However, if the bracket seems w
rong I wouldn't hesitate to reposition   it. Allen >>