[TR] Sway Bar Link

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun Jul 29 07:48:41 MDT 2007

When I rebuilt my front end over the winter I also redid the front sway bar
bushings and sway bar link assembly. In looking at the sway bar link the
other day something is obviously very wrong as it's all torn apart. The part
I'm talking about is the treaded piece that attaches to the suspension has a
ball on the other end that fits into the sway bar link and is cushioned with
rubber. Hope that makes sense. You can see the piece here
(http://www.victoriabritish.com/icatalog/t6/0082.asp)  Anyway, the rubber is
all chewed up and the metal housing that the ball goes in to is also
somewhat chewed up. It's the same on both sides. As I recall, I first fitted
the sway bar to the frame and then attached the link assembly to the
suspension bracket. In order to do that I had to jack each side up a little
to get it to line up. The car was still on jack stands and the link assemble
bolt and bracket hole wouldn't line up with the car un-sprung. So what did I
do wrong?

Thanks

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U