[TR] Missing at high revs TR4A

Chris Buckley chris.buckley51 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 04:46:37 MDT 2007

Hi Listers,
  I have now changed the sooty plug and going for a test drive tomorrow. It was definitely sooty rather than oily. Regarding the PCV valve, I have installed a rocker feed kit as sold by Moss and was wondering if that could be the cause of a lot of oil being pushed through the valve and being dumped into cylinder no 3 causing it to make the plug sooty.
  all advice greatly appreciated,
  Thanks,
  Chris
  > When I got home I removed HT leads in turn and found that removing the lead from number 3 cylinder made the least difference to the idle.
> I then checked all plugs and found No 3 to be 'sooty' while all the others were clean burnt light grey colour.

. I would also check the soot
on the plug--does it feel dry and fluffy, or oily? If the latter, it's
time to do a compression check. If the former, the plug could be firing
intermittently, or, there might be a slight vacuum leak at the manifold
at that cylinder.